Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Delicious bookmarks (Thing 20)

I see at least two potential helpful uses for this application. The first would be in terms of my own learning and development. If I can create a virtual media center, of sorts, to help with my own learning and preparation, that would be really useful. Instead of always trying to make everything from scratch (gradebooks, lesson plans, etc.), I may be able to use something out there that would both save me time, and be better quality. I could also be able to quickly catch up on news and developments...almost like getting a daily "briefing."

The second use for this would be to create a place for students to continue their learning. If they would be able to use my bookmarks to find more information or help on what we cover in class or their own learning, it may also save them time and lead to a better product. It could also be a way to guide (or protect) their on-line research (or prevent multiple projects with wikipedia as the main source!)

For those interested in my short list of resources, see "riccer's" bookmarks in del.icio.us.

No comments:

Post a Comment